We Olive Discover California Olive Oil Recipe Contest: 2014 Official Rules
We Olive Discover California Olive Oil Recipe Contest: 2014 Official Rules
1. Eligibility. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. CONTEST OPEN ONLY TO RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (COLLECTIVELY, THE “U.S.”) WHO ARE AGE 18 OR OLDER. IF YOU ARE NOT A RESIDENT OF THE U.S., YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND WE OLIVE. (“SPONSOR”) RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO ENTRANTS WHO RESIDE IN OTHER JURISDICTIONS. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the format designated below. Sponsor, all participating sponsors, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, judges, advertising and promotional agencies, employees and agencies (collectively, the “Participating Entities”), and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Offer void where prohibited or restricted by law. Limit one entry per category (as defined below) per person. If an entrant submits multiple entries that contain the same or substantially similar recipe, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, only the first such entry received by Sponsor may be eligible to win a prize. No mechanically or electronically reproduced entries will be accepted.
2. Disclaimer. The Participating Entities will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
3. Entry Period. The entry period, judging, notification and award are posted at www.weolive.com.
4. Prizes.(a) Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive the VIP Olive Festival Travel Package, which includes lodging for two at the Summerwood Winery & Inn in Paso Robles, California, Travel stipend to Paso Robles, VIP access to the 2014 Paso Robles Olive Festival, invitation to the Growers’ party following the Olive Festival, tour of Kiler Ridge Olive Farm & Frantoio, wine tasting tour of Paso Robles’ world-class wineries and a $100 gift certificate to be used at We Olive Paso Robles. These non-transferable Prize items are not redeemable for cash or trade.(b) Store Winner Prizes: Twelve (12) store winners will each receive: VIP access to the 2014 Paso Robles Olive Festival, Invitation to the Growers’ Party following the 2014 Paso Robles Olive Festival and one (1) $100 gift certificate from respective We Olive stores. The approximate retail value of each Category Prize: $300 and not redeemable for cash. (c) People’s Choice Prize: One (1) People’s Choice Prize winners will receive: VIP access to the 2014 Paso Robles Olive Festival, Invitation to the Growers’ Party following the 2014 Paso Robles Olive Festival and one (1) $100 gift certificate to We Olive. The approximate retail value of each Category Prize: $300 and not redeemable for cash. People’s Choice Prize Winner is determined by voting at www.weolive.com. Users of www.weolive.com may vote for one (1) recipe per IP address throughout the duration of the contest. Online voting has no bearing on the judging process for the Grand Prize and Store Winner selections. Odds of winning a prize depend on number of eligible entries received and the quality of the entries received, as judged pursuant to these Official Rules. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. All prizes will be awarded. Each prize returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within five (5) days after first attempted delivery will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Limit one prize per entry. The prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
5. How to Enter.
Go to www.weolive.com and complete the Official Entry Form on or before July 14, 2014. By entering the Contest, you consent to being placed on a mailing, email and social media list for promotional and other purposes.
6. Contest Rules.
We Olive is looking for people to Discover Cooking with California Olive Oil and their best recipes! Create your own original recipe (an “Original Recipe”) such as a healthy entrée, appetizer, salad and salad dressing, baked item, or dessert. Submit your Original Recipe according to the instructions described above. Each Original Recipe must: (a) be your own original creation, and not based on any other published recipe, (b) include a list of all required ingredients in specific, common U.S. household measurement units, step-by-step preparation instructions, and cooking times, (c) involve only ingredients commonly available at grocery stores, (d) use at least one We Olive brand Extra Virgin or Flavored Olive Oil (dipping oils excluded, full list of approved We Olive brand olive oils available here), and (e) be accompanied by an original image (JPEG) of the recipe for publication on www.weolive.com.
After the Deadline, a panel of judges selected by Sponsor (the ‘Judges’) shall select one (1) Qualified, Original Recipe that the Judges, in their sole discretion, determine to be the most apt, original and interesting Winning Recipe. The Judges will select the winning recipe from all of the Qualified Recipes according to the following criteria: Taste of finished recipe; Originality of Recipe; Best interpretation of a Category or theme. The Qualified Recipe that receives the highest combined number of points from the Judges shall be deemed the Grand Prize winner. The Grand Prize winner will be announced on or about July 23, 2013. Sponsor will notify the entrant who submitted the Winning Recipe that they been selected to receive the Grand Prize.
Store Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges at each location from all of the qualified, original recipes submitted in association with each location. Store Winners will receive Store Winner Prize.
Each Winning Entrant will be notified by telephone or e-mail. To be eligible to win a prize, each Winning Entrant must respond within five (5) business days of the first attempted notification following the instructions contained in the notification. Upon Sponsor’s timely verification of the Winning Entrants eligibility and receipt of completed affidavits, releases and publicity releases (as explained below), each Winning Entrant shall be deemed a “Winner”. In the event a Winning Entrant fails to timely respond to Sponsor’s attempted notifications, fails to timely submit completed affidavits, releases and publicity releases, or otherwise is determined by Sponsor to be ineligible to win a prize, the Winning Entrant will be disqualified from the Contest and Sponsor will select an alternate eligible entrant and his or her Original Recipe to be a Winner. All Winners be publicly announced on or about July 23, 2013.
After Winners have been selected, the Winning Recipes, Winners’ names, and city and state of each Winner’s residence (collectively, the “Winner Information”) may be made publicly available by one or more of the Participating Entities, such as through the stores, video, Internet websites, press releases, and other methods of distribution, and used for promotional or marketing purposes, including without limitation a public review on Sponsor’s Internet websites and social media. However, the results of any such voting, comment or review and other promotions shall not affect any Winner’s eligibility to win the Grand Prize or entitle any Winner to any prize or special recognition. Winning Recipes may be edited for content, clarity, length and/or consistency at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7. Sponsor Ownership of Entries. All entries and materials submitted to Sponsor in connection with the Contest (collectively, “Entry Materials”), along with all copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights associated therewith, become the property of Sponsor upon submission, and Entry Materials will not be returned to any entrant. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you acknowledge that Sponsor will own all rights to use, modify, reproduce, publish, perform, display, distribute, make derivative works of and otherwise commercially and non-commercially exploit the Entry Materials in perpetuity and throughout the universe, in any manner or medium now existing or hereafter developed, without separate compensation to you or any other person or entity. Sponsors use of the entry materials may include but shall not be limited to publication in Sponsor’s blogs, emails, in-store and website. You agree to take, at Sponsor’s expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect or confirm Sponsor’s ownership rights as set forth above in this paragraph 7.
8. Original Work of Authorship. You hereby warrant and represent that (a) you own all rights to all Entry Materials submitted by you; and (b) all such Entry Materials are original works of authorship on your part and have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any other work and do not violate, misappropriate or infringe any copyright, trademark or other proprietary right of any other person or entity.
9. General Release. By entering the Contest, you release the Sponsor and the Participating Entities from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
10. Use of Winner’s Name, Recipe, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Contest constitutes permission to use winners’ name, recipe, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, winners may be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a consent to the use of their name, recipe, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
11. Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, winners may be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability.
12. Copyright Notice. The Contest and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2014 by Sponsor. All rights reserved.
13. Miscellaneous. The Contest and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the state of California. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any entrant’s participation in the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Contest or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Contest or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Contest, please e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org or send written questions to the address listed below.
14. Contest Sponsor. The sponsor of the Contest is We Olive Franchising, 484 Marquita Ave, Paso Robles, CA 93446.
At We Olive, we understandable that you may be concerned with the information you provide to us or that is collected by us and how we use and disclose it. With these concerns in mind, We Olive’s privacy practices for visitors to our Web site at weolive.com, shopweolive.com (the “Web site”) is as follows. By using our Web site, and social media sites, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- With your consent, we might disclose information you provide to us during registration to third parties in conjunction with (i) your entry into a contest or promotion, (ii) your request of an offer, or (iii) your participation in a survey or similar activity on the Web site. You might be asked for additional information in order to enter the contest or promotion, request an offer, or participate in a survey. The third parties will use the information we provide to them, along with any information you provide during your entry, request, or participation, in order to (i) notify you if you have won a prize in a contest or sweepstakes, and (ii) to fulfill, or facilitate fulfillment of, requests for products or services you may make in connection with your entry, request, or participation. These third parties are contractually obligated to keep all such information confidential and to only use it for the purposes for which it was provided. When we provide information collected during a contest, promotion, offer, or survey on the Web site to third parties, we always disclose this to you at the time of collection.
- We Olive Own Business Purposes: We use and disclose information about you for our own internal statistical, design, or operational purposes, such as to estimate our audience size, measure aggregate traffic patterns, and understand demographic, user interest, purchasing and other trends among our users. We might outsource these tasks and disclose personal information about you to third parties, provided the use and disclosure of your personal information by these third parties is restricted to performance of such tasks. We might also share personal information with third-party vendors who assist us in performing internal functions necessary to operate our business. We require our third party vendors to keep such information confidential and to only use the information for the purpose it was provided.
- Business Transfers: Information about our users, including personal information, might be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personally identifiable information could be transferred to third parties as one of the business assets of the company.