We often tout the many health benefits of olive oil, but we know that physical activity plays an important role in health and wellness. In honor of National Physical Fitness & Sports Month, here are 7 of the best benefits to being active.
- Control your blood pressure, blood sugar, and weight
- Lower your “bad” cholesterol and raise your “good” cholesterol
- Prevent heart disease, colorectal and breast cancer, and type 2 diabetes
- Improve your sleep
- Make your bones, muscles, and joints stronger
- Lower your chances of becoming depressed
- Reduce falls and arthritis pain
For more information on how to get active, visit Healthfinder.gov.