This Discover Cooking with California Olive Oil Recipe Contest entry comes from Jodi Taffel, a We Olive Thousand Oaks customer. Jodi’s salmon is marinated in a delicious combination of brown sugar, garlic, and We Olive Blood Orange Olive Oil.
24 oz. fresh salmon (skin on), cut into 4 equal pieces
1 cup tightly packed brown sugar
1 cup We Olive Blood Orange Olive Oil
2 cloves fresh garlic
2 small slices fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1. Put all the ingredients in a zip top bag and gently massage the marinade so that it gets all over the salmon.
2. Put the bag in the refrigerator and let it marinate for 8-12 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Place salmon and marinade in a casserole dish and cook for 20 minutes.
5. Place salmon on 4 dinner plates and spoon marinade over the top.
Notes: This is a great dish for a working mom. Stick the salmon in the marinade before leaving for work and it will be ready to cook when you get home.