Vaughn’s Recipe Corner!
Hello We Olive Fans! As promised here is my recipe for preparing Beef Brisket! Note that a Smoker is required for this recipe.
Ingredients: 8 – 10 lb Beef Brisket
1/2 cup of Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
1/2 cup of Kosher Salt
1/2 cup of Garlic Powder
1/2 cup of We Olive Sweet Balsamic Mustard
Oak pellets or oak wood chips for smoker
Wood or Pellet Smoker
- In a mixing bowl, mix all your dry ingredients until evenly mixed together.
- Rub We Olive Sweet Balsamic mustard over the entire surface of your brisket ensuring all surfaces are covered.
- Rub dry ingredients all over the surface of your Beef brisket
- Let it marinate overnight (minimum 4 hours) under refrigeration covered with plastic wrap.
- Remove refrigerated brisket and place on the counter and let it warm to room temperature (~45 mins).
- While brisket warming, set smoker temp to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place brisket in smoker and smoke for 4 hours or internal brisket temperature hits 165 to 170 degrees Fahrenheit. (Add Oak wood chips or Oak pellets as needed to keep a continual even smoke)
- Remove brisket from smoker and wrap in 2-3 layers of aluminum foil. Wrap as tight as possible because this is the step to keep the brisket moist and tender.
- Smoke an additional 2-3 hours or until the internal temperature of Brisket reaches a temperature of 190 degrees Fahrenheit based until a meat thermometer reading.
- Once Brisket has reached 190 degrees, remove brisket from the smoker and let rest at least 45 minutes before carving.
Enjoy your Brisket! Send me some photos of your awesome creations!
Tomato and Mozzarella Bites
40 grape or cherry tomatoes, whole
20 fresh basil leaves
20 small squares of fresh mozzarella cheese
We Olive Blackberry Balsamic Vinegar
We Olive Basil Olive Oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Using a toothpick, spear whole tomato, a leaf of basil, a mozzarella square, and another whole tomato. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Place on serving dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper (if needed). Then drizzle on We Olive Blackberry Balsamic Vinegar and We Olive Basil Olive Oil on bites.
Enjoy your bites!
Prime Rib Recipe by Vaughn
Hello We Olive Fans, many of you have asked me to post my recipe for preparing Prime Rib, so here it goes!
6 – 8 oz Prime Rib
5 Tablespoons of Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
5 Tablespoons of Kosher Salt
5 Tablespoons of Garlic Powder
4 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (We Olive Picual works well!)
Rub Extra Virgin Olive Oil over the surface of the prime rib.
Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl thoroughly and rub all over the surface of the prime rib.
Let it rest overnight (minimum 4 hours) under refrigeration covered with plastic wrap.
Remove prime rib from refrigeration and let it warm to room temperature (~45 mins)
While Prime rib is warming, set over temp to 450 degrees.
Place prime rib in roaster uncovered and roast at 450 degrees fro 30 minutes.
Adjust oven temperature to 300 degrees and cook for an addition 2 1/2 hours or until desired doneness.
Rare: Cool red center 125 degrees F, (52 Celsius)
Medium Rare: Warm red center 135 degrees F, (57 Celsius)
Medium: Warm pink center 145 degrees F, (63 Celsius)
Medium Well: Slightly pink center 150 degrees F, (66 Celsius)
Well: Little or no pink center 160 degrees F, (71 Celsius)
Once you have reached your proper doneness, remove Prime Rib from heat and let rest an hour before carving.
Enjoy your Prime Rib! Send me some photos of your awesome creations!
White Pear Martini by Vaughn
Deviled Eggs with We Olive Wasabi Saki Mustard
Looking for a great side dish recipe? Look no further than this simple Deviled Egg recipe made with We Olive Wasabi Sake mustard!
This recipe makes 8 servings (2 per person)
- 8 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of We Olive Wasabi Saki mustard
- 2 tablespoons of salad dressing
- Pepper & salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon of Paprika
- 1 tablespoon of Dried Dill weed
Place eggs in a 6-8 quart pot. Cover eggs with water. Bring to a boil. Cover pot, remove from heat, and let eggs remain in water for ~ 15 minutes. Remove eggs from hot water and transfer to an ice water bath. Let rest for 5 minutes. Peel & cut the eggs lengthwise. Remove yolks and mix with mustard, salad dressing, salt and pepper. Mix until smooth and consistent. Place egg-mix in each of the egg halves and arrange on a flat dish. Sprinkle with Paprika and Dill weed. Enjoy!
Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon by Vaughn Watson
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash Brussel sprouts and remove any loose leaves. Chop Brussel sprouts in half and place in a 5-quart Dutch oven or pyrex cooking pan.
- Add diced bacon and diced onion and mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle Arbosana Oil and Citrus Spiced Balsamic to coat contents of bowl. Mix together for even coating of contents.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in oven and cook for ~25 minutes or until Brussel sprouts are tender by testing with a fork. Stir occasionally to ensure an evenly roasted batch!
Peppadew Cheese Dip recipe
Our peppadew cheese dip is a riff on classic pimiento cheese dip and uses peppadew peppers in place of pimientos. It’s creamy and cheesy with a hint of smoke and jalapeno from two of our bestselling olive oils. It comes together in minutes and will be a hit at your next party.
Makes about 2 cups
3 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
3 oz goat cheese
1 oz We Olive Jalapeno Olive Oil
1 oz Sonoma Smoked Olive Oil
2 oz peppadew peppers, chopped fine
5 oz Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
Fresh veggies and crackers for serving
Combine all ingredients except shredded cheese in a large bowl. Mix with a spatula until well combined. Add shredded cheese and mix until incorporated. For a smoother dip, combine all ingredients in a food processor or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and mix until well combined.
To serve, place the dip in a small bowl and drizzle with EVOO. Serve with fresh veggies and crackers.
Jalapeno Pasta with Vegetables & Avocado by Georgette Albini
Georgette Albini of We Olive & Wine Bar at the OC Mix.
Georgette says: “This is a low calorie pasta dish using two of my favorite We Olive products, balsamic vinegar and jalapeno olive oil. The pasta dish can be prepared in less than 20 minutes and requires only one pan with a vegetable steamer insert. Other vegetables may be used such as asparagus or mushrooms.”
- 3 sweet mini peppers (different colors) removed core, seeds and slice into strips
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- ½ small zucchini – chopped
- 1 tomato –chopped
- 1/3 cup spinach leaves
- 1/3 box angel hair pasta – 6oz
- 1/4 cup We Olive Jalapeno Olive Oil
- 1/8 tsp coarsely ground pepper
- ¼-1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons We Olive Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ cup shredded Romano or parmesan cheese
- 1 medium avocado sliced
- 3 fresh basil leaves
1. Put sliced peppers in double broiler insert and steam 10 minutes; add shredded carrots & peas. Steam 4 minutes; add zucchini and steam 2 minutes. Remove insert top broiler from boiling water and add tomatoes to vegetables and then spinach. Set aside with lid on top. Add salt & more water to boiling water and add uncooked pasta; cook according to package directions. Reserve ¼ cup of the salted water..
2. With the vegetables still in colander insert pan, pour the pasta into the colander insert and drain. Pour pasta & vegetables into pan. Add salt, pepper, pepper flakes, balsamic vinegar and ¼-cup jalapeno olive oil. Mix together. Add pasta water if still too dry .for your taste. Place on serving dishes and add shaved cheese, basil and sliced avocado.
Cedar Plank Salmon recipe by Vaughn Watson
- 1 Filet of Salmon (~2 to 3 lb)
- 1/4 cup Wasabi-Saki mustard (We Olive Brand)
- 1/4 cup of Smoked Brown Sugar (available at We Olive)
- 1/4 cup Smoked Olive Oil (available at We Olive)
- Sea salt & Cracked Black pepper to taste (optional)