Happy Hearts Giveaway: 2015 Official Rules
1. Eligibility. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. GIVEAWAY OPEN ONLY TO RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (COLLECTIVELY, THE “U.S.”) WHO ARE AGE 18 OR OLDER. IF YOU ARE NOT A RESIDENT OF THE U.S., YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND WE OLIVE. (“SPONSOR”) RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO ENTRANTS WHO RESIDE IN OTHER JURISDICTIONS. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the format designated below. Sponsor, all participating sponsors, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, judges, advertising and promotional agencies, employees and agencies (collectively, the “Participating Entities”), and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Offer void where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. Disclaimer. The Participating Entities will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Giveaway.
3. Entry Period. The entry period for the Giveaway is February 1 – 28, 2015. Winners will be selected and notified on or around March 9, 2015.
4. Prizes.(a) Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive the Central Coast Olive Oil Getaway, which includes lodging for two at the Summerwood Winery & Inn in Paso Robles, California, Travel stipend to Paso Robles, tour and tasting at olive mill, wine tasting tour of Paso Robles’ world-class wineries and a $100 gift certificate to be used at We Olive Paso Robles. These non-transferable Prize items are not redeemable for cash or trade.(b) Store Winner Prizes: Fourteen (14) store winners will each receive: a one (1) year’s supply of We Olive bulk olive oil. One (1) year’s supply is equivalent to one (1) 25.36 ounce We Olive Logo bottle with twelve (12) vouchers redeemable for 25.36 ounces of We Olive brand bulk olive oils each month. Vouchers must be redeemed during the month listed on the voucher. Vouchers may be redeemed at any We Olive location. Vouchers not redeemable for cash. Odds of winning a prize depend on number of eligible entries received and the quality of the entries received, as judged pursuant to these Official Rules. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. All prizes will be awarded. Each prize returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within five (5) days after first attempted delivery will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Limit one prize per entry. The prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
5. How to Enter.
Visit any We Olive location and complete the Official Entry Form between February 1 and February 28, 2015. Online entries can be made at www.weolive.com by making a donation to the American Heart Association. A donation or purchase is not required to enter the Giveaway. To enter the Giveaway without making a donation, contact the Corporate Office at email@example.com. Online entries will be entered into the Grand Prize drawing for the Central Coast Olive Oil Getaway but NOT the Year’s Supply of Olive Oil. Year’s Supply of Olive Oil Official Entry Forms must be completed at a We Olive location. By entering the Giveaway, you consent to being placed on a mailing, email and social media list for promotional and other purposes.
6. Giveaway Rules
After the Deadline (February 28, 2014), each of fourteen (14) We Olive locations will select a winner of a Year’s Supply of Olive Oil in a random drawing from the location’s qualified entries. Qualified entries must include a contact name (first and last), an email address and/or phone number and must be legible. Winners of a Year’s Supply of Olive Oil will be notified on or about March 9, 2015. After the Deadline (February 28, 2014) and all qualified entries from each of fourteen (14) We Olive locations and online submissions have been received by the Sponsor, the Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing and announced on or about March 9, 2015. Sponsor will notify the entrant who submitted the Winning Entry that they been selected to receive the Grand Prize.
Each Winning Entrant will be notified by telephone or e-mail. To be eligible to win a prize, each Winning Entrant must respond within five (5) business days of the first attempted notification following the instructions contained in the notification. Upon Sponsor’s timely verification of the Winning Entrants eligibility and receipt of completed affidavits, releases and publicity releases (as explained below), each Winning Entrant shall be deemed a “Winner”. In the event a Winning Entrant fails to timely respond to Sponsor’s attempted notifications, fails to timely submit completed affidavits, releases and publicity releases, or otherwise is determined by Sponsor to be ineligible to win a prize, the Winning Entrant will be disqualified from the Giveaway and Sponsor will select an alternate eligible entrant and his or her Qualified Entry to be a Winner. All Winners be publicly announced on or about March 9, 2015.
After Winners have been selected, the Winners’ names, and city and state of each Winner’s residence (collectively, the “Winner Information”) may be made publicly available by one or more of the Participating Entities, such as through the stores, video, Internet websites, press releases, and other methods of distribution, and used for promotional or marketing purposes, including without limitation a public review on Sponsor’s Internet websites and social media. However, the results of any such voting, comment or review and other promotions shall not affect any Winner’s eligibility to win the Grand Prize or entitle any Winner to any prize or special recognition.
7. General Release. By entering the Giveaway, you release the Sponsor and the Participating Entities from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Giveaway or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
8. Use of Winner’s Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Giveaway constitutes permission to use winners’ name, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, winners may be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a consent to the use of their name, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
9. Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, winners may be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability.
10. Copyright Notice. The Giveaway and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2015 by Sponsor. All rights reserved.
11. Miscellaneous. The Giveaway and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the state of California. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Giveaway or any entrant’s participation in the Giveaway should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Giveaway or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Giveaway as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Giveaway or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Giveaway or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Giveaway. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Giveaway. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Giveaway, please e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org or send written questions to the address listed below.
12. Giveaway Sponsor. The sponsor of the Giveaway is We Olive Franchising, 484 Marquita Ave, Paso Robles, CA 93446.
At We Olive, we understandable that you may be concerned with the information you provide to us or that is collected by us and how we use and disclose it. With these concerns in mind, We Olive’s privacy practices for visitors to our Web site at weolive.com, shopweolive.com (the “Web site”) is as follows. By using our Web site, and social media sites, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- With your consent, we might disclose information you provide to us during registration to third parties in conjunction with (i) your entry into a contest or promotion, (ii) your request of an offer, or (iii) your participation in a survey or similar activity on the Web site. You might be asked for additional information in order to enter the contest or promotion, request an offer, or participate in a survey. The third parties will use the information we provide to them, along with any information you provide during your entry, request, or participation, in order to (i) notify you if you have won a prize in a contest or sweepstakes, and (ii) to fulfill, or facilitate fulfillment of, requests for products or services you may make in connection with your entry, request, or participation. These third parties are contractually obligated to keep all such information confidential and to only use it for the purposes for which it was provided. When we provide information collected during a contest, promotion, offer, or survey on the Web site to third parties, we always disclose this to you at the time of collection.
- We Olive Own Business Purposes: We use and disclose information about you for our own internal statistical, design, or operational purposes, such as to estimate our audience size, measure aggregate traffic patterns, and understand demographic, user interest, purchasing and other trends among our users. We might outsource these tasks and disclose personal information about you to third parties, provided the use and disclosure of your personal information by these third parties is restricted to performance of such tasks. We might also share personal information with third-party vendors who assist us in performing internal functions necessary to operate our business. We require our third party vendors to keep such information confidential and to only use the information for the purpose it was provided.
- Business Transfers: Information about our users, including personal information, might be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personally identifiable information could be transferred to third parties as one of the business assets of the company.