This Discover Cooking with California Olive Oil Recipe Contest submission comes from Gail Meredith, a We Olive Belmont Shore customer. Gail says of her refreshing salsa:
“Imagine barbecuing while sipping on a mojito or drinking champagne… Barbequed pork with the salsa will make you believe that you are now listening to the waves while sitting on an island.”
- 3 cups pineapple, diced
- 3 Heirloom or Roma Tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp We Olive Garlic Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp We Olive Oil Lemon Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp We Olive Pineapple White Balsamic
Dice pineapple, tomatoes and onions and chop cilantro leaves. Serrano pepper – stem, seed and chop. Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix to combine. Serve with tortilla chips, fish, chicken, pork or beef or serve over tacos. Make at least 30 minutes ahead of time to allow flavors to gel.
Gail – Thank you for this wonderful recipe. This salsa is delicious!