Still hungry after breakfast? This quick, savory, and healthy fall snack is perfect for you! This yummy recipe comes from 31 Daily.
- 1 1/2 cups pure pumpkin puree
- 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic, (roasted – see instructions, or minced)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons We Olive Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- We Olive Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Seeds (pumpkin, sesame, etc.)
- There are two ways to make this Roasted Pumpkin Hummus. The first takes a bit longer, but the pumpkin flavor is intense and incredibly delicious.
- The second way, maybe 5 minutes.
- It’s all about the pumpkin. Whether you roast a small sugar pie pumpkin, or use canned pumpkin puree. To be honest, both ways are so, so good.
Roasting the Pumpkin: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment. Slice off the top of the pumpkin, scoop and discard the seeds and pulp; slice into wedges. Lay the wedges on the prepared baking sheet, drizzle with We Olive Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and season generously with salt and pepper. Roast for 45 minutes or until tender. Let cool; remove the flesh and puree.
Leave a Reply