Roasted Pumpkin Soup
A perfect fall comfort food with sweet flavors and lots of aroma from the thyme and pumpkin. One of the best pumpkin soups we have made, especially when it is pumpkin season!
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 Cups pumpkin, pureed
- 4 Cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp thyme, dried and ground
- Salt and pepper, to your taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- More We Olive Arbequnia Olive Oil and some We Olive Aged Balsamic for a finish drizzle/presentation.
- Pumpkin seeds, optional
- Add Olive Oil to a large pot on medium high. Once it heats up, add the sliced shallots and sautee until translucent. Then add the minced garlic, cook for a minute or until it becomes aromatic.
- Add the pureed pumpkin, veggie broth, salt and pepper, and the thyme. Stir well, bring to a boil, then simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes. Once simmered, remove from heat and immersion blend it until it becomes smooth and no chunks remain.
- When serving, make a finish drizzle with more We Olive Arbequnia Olive Oil and our We Olive Aged Balsamic on top. Sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top, if desired.
Leave a Reply