- 2 cups roasted beets (2–3 small-medium beets)
- 8 cloves roasted garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts, whole or chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to your liking
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey, agave, or maple syrup (optional but recommended)
- 4 tablespoons We Olive Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a large food processor add roasted beets and garlic. (To roast beets and garlic: Peel 2-3 beets with a vegetable peeler, being sure to cut off the root end and the stem end, and chop into bite-sized pieces. Peel 8 medium to large cloves of garlic. Place beets and garlic on a large piece of foil then wrap to form a foil packet of beets. Roast at 400F for about 45 minutes until both the beets and the garlic cloves are tender. Let the veggies cool before blending into a dip. The veggies can also be kept in the fridge for 3 days or so until you are ready to make the roasted beet dip.)
- Add the fresh parsley, basil, walnuts, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and honey to the food processor.
- Turn the food processor on and stream in the oil and water being sure to scrape down the sides of the food processor when necessary. Blend until very smooth.
- Serve beet dip chilled or at room temperature with veggies, crackers, or as a spread on sandwiches.