This 2014 Discover Cooking with California Olive Oil Recipe Contest entry from Michelle Mazzara was created for a summer dinner party. Michelle says, “I used these fun, light and tasty sliders for appetizers. Each bite bursts with flavor and the spicy sriracha sauce pairs well with the balsamic ginger dressing. This recipe also makes a great light lunch!”
¾ cup of mayonnaise
1/2 tsp. of Sriracha sauce
1 12 oz. bag of cooked shrimp, deveined, and cut in half
½ cup of green onions chopped
1 tsp. of minced garlic
1 tbsp. of lemon juice
½ tsp of Old Bay Spices
6 King’s Hawaiian buns
1 ½ cups of Kale chopped
1 ½ cups of cabbage sliced
4 tbsp We Olive Aged Balsamic Vinegar
½ cup of We Olive Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ tsp. of minced garlic
½ tsp. of ginger paste
1 tbsp. of lime juice
Dash of Salt and Pepper
1. Rinse shrimp and remove tail, devein.
2. Cut shrimp in half and set aside.
3. In a bowl combine: mayonnaise, sriracha sauce, green onions, garlic, lemon juice, old bay spice, salt, pepper.
4. Fold in shrimp, refrigerate.
5. In another bowl combine vinegar, olive oil, garlic, ginger paste, lime juice, salt and pepper. Whisk together until blended.
6. Toss dressing with kale and cabbage.
7. Cut buns in half.
8. Take one 1tbsp. of shrimp salad put on bottom of bun, top with 1 tbsp. of kale mixture.
9. Top with remaining half of bun.
Enjoy these sliders as an appetizer or a light summer lunch.