We Olive San Francisco store owner, Ferris Ferdon, shares with us his decadent brunch recipe for a southern style cheese grits souffle, which he’s famous for among family and friends. Enjoy!
4 cups water
2 cups quick grits (preferably Albert’s)
1 tablespoon Arbequina extra virgin olive oil
6 slices Kraft cheddar Singles
3 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons We Olive Jalapeno olive oil*
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Salt & Pepper
1. Brush a medium baking dish with olive oil. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Bring the water and grits to a slow boil. Cook according to package directions.
3. When water is absorbed and while stirring, add the tablespoon of Arbequina to the pot along with a pinch of salt. Add the Kraft singles and stir until melted and fully incorporated.
4. Once the cheese is melted turn off heat and let it cool for a few minutes. Add the eggs and Cilantro Jalapeno olive oil to the grits. Stir well. Pour into a medium baking dish. Cover the top with shredded cheddar and fresh ground pepper.
5. Bake for 35 minutes at 350. Serve.
*Substitute Olivas de Oro Cilantro Jalapeno olive oil or Habanero olive oil if desired.