Start the New Year off by incorporating Olive Oil into your life. If you want to reduce your risk of inflammation-related diseases, like cardiovascular disease, Alzheimer’s, stroke, and diabetes… Then you want Extra Virgin Olive Oil!
Extra Virgin Olive Oil is the main component of one of the healthiest diets on the planet: the Mediterranean diet. This nutritious fat plays a role in chronic inflammation by minimizing inflammatory pathways, regulating metabolic processes, detoxing cells, and protecting blood vessels.
Here are 21 benefits to using Olive Oil:
- For your diet- A study carried out in Italy found that those who ate more extra virgin olive oil, along with plenty of leafy vegetables, significantly reduced their risk of heart disease.
- For a youthful appearance- olive oil contains both antioxidants and vitamin E, which have proven anti-aging effects.
- For essential oils- Essential oils are too strong to be used on their own, but when you want them, olive oil makes the perfect carrier oil.
- For a Mediterranean diet- The World Health Organization recommends that everyone adopt a Mediterranean style diet because olive oil is the healthiest source of fat.
- A perfect breakfast- drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil over toasted bread at breakfast time to enjoy its full flavor, and nutritive properties in the raw, any of our We Olive Extra Virgin Olive Oils are perfect for this!
- For looking younger- The polyphenol found in extra virgin olive oil protects red blood cells from oxidation, a common cause of the signs of aging.
- For your fat content- Olive oil’s dietary fats provide just the right ratio for humans, which is partly why olive oil is so good for you.
- During sports- Adding a teaspoon of olive oil to smoothies and juices just before you exercise provides your body with essential fatty acids, which are easily burned by your muscles without inducing weight gain.
- For your memory- Research has suggested that people who consume extra virgin olive oil regularly are less likely to suffer from memory loss when they get older.
- For your cholesterol levels- Olive oil contains polyphenols, which help keep your levels of LDL cholesterol within healthy/proper ranges.
- For every age- Of all the vegetable oils, ONLY OLIVE OIL is 100% digestible Drizzle it over grilled fish, chicken, or veggies for a light meal suitable for every age group.
- For brain function- Some research has shown that olive oil can prevent and possibly even reverse the memory loss that accompanies Alzheimer’s disease.
- The power of antioxidants- The consequences of a proper diet are felt over time: a salad dressed in olive oil and avocado is rich in antioxidants, which help maintain cellular growth.
- For protecting your skin- The antioxidants found in olive oil help ward off free radicals that endanger the skin.
- For a balanced diet- Although red wine, fish, whole grains, fruits, and vegetables play a huge part in the Mediterranean diet, scientists agree that it wouldn’t be nearly as beneficial without olive oil.
- For your blood vessels- Spanish scientists found that eating five shelled walnuts or five teaspoons of olive oil at lunchtime reduced artery inflammation and improved blood vessel elasticity.
- For staying slim- Studies have shown that olive oil, along with nut oils, does not cause weight gain the way less healthy fats do.
- Benefits- Researchers aren’t sure why, but studies have shown that extra virgin olive oil helps reduce blood pressure and is beneficial for people dealing with hypertension. But don’t forget, there are many other lifestyle factors that contribute to your overall health!
- For your heart- Add olive oil to salads to protect your heart and keep yourself looking younger longer!
- For preventing cell degeneration- Did you know that the antioxidant ‘hydroxytyrosol’ found in olive oil works with vitamin E to help prevent cell degeneration in your skin as you age?
- For skin elasticity- Olive oil contains squalene, which helps to improve the elasticity of your skin and keep it firm and toned for longer.
Happy New Year!
Leave a Reply