We would like to start off by saying thank you for all of the Recipe Submissions. There were so many unique and yummy recipes!
Congratulations, Sandi, we had to prepare our taste buds for The Banh Mi- BLT Fusion Sammy with Frothy Olive Oil & Garlic Olive Dressed Veggies. This colorful sandwich has a beautiful presentation and is a mix between an Asian Bahn Mi sandwich and a BLT. Sandi created a frothy dressing using We Olive Calivirgin EVOO and We Olive Garlic Stuffed Olives. It’s safe to say this is a mouth-watering sandwich.
Follow her recipe and try for yourself!
- FROTHY GARLIC-OLIVE VEGETABLE DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup We Olive Garlic Stuffed Olives, rough chopped
- 1 green onion, rough chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup We Olive Calivirgin EVOO
- 2 tablespoons diced shallot
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup rainbow carrots, cut into matchsticks
- daikon radish, cut into matchsticks (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 red jalapeño pepper, sliced into rings
TRUFFLE MUSTARD AIOLI:
- 1/3 cup quality mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon truffle mustard (or dijon)
- 1/2 tablespoon We-Olive Calivirgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon sweet soy glaze
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 sub-type (8-9”) artisan bread loaves, split
- 1/4 cup We-Olive Calivirgin Olive Oil
- 2 thick-cut deli roasted pork slices
- 4 thick-cut bacon slices
- cut Romaine lettuce ribbons to cover bottom buns
- 6 tomato slices
- To make the Frothy Garlic Olive Vegetable Dressing, in a tall 3 cup container, use an immersion blender to pulse the olives, green onion, lemon zest, juice, and olive oil several times until it becomes frothy and lumpy.
- Add all remaining ingredients, stir, cover, and set aside until ready to use.
- For the Truffle Mustard Aioli, mix all ingredients into a small container, cover, and chill until needed.
- To prepare the bacon, in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F., place the bacon slices on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until done to your liking. Cool on paper towels.
- To assemble, brush the cut sides of the bread halves with oil and either toast in a heavy skillet, or brown under the broiler.
- Spread the toasted sides with Aioli, then cover the bottom halves with ribbons of Romaine.
- Top the Romaine with 3 tomato slices on each half and drizzle with some of the dressing liquid.
- Tear apart a slice of roasted pork to fit the surface over the tomatoes on each bottom bun.
- Cut the bacon strips in half and place 4 pieces on top of the roasted pork on each.
- Use tongs to cover the bacon with a generous amount of dressed veggies and close with the top bun.
- Secure 2 places on each sandwich with a skewered garlic stuffed olive and serve whole or cut in half on the bias.
- Serve and enjoy!!