Beautiful, colorful, and each unique in its own way, these recipes are sure to be a hit at any party this summer
Buddha Bowl Salad
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed
- We Olive EVOO for drizzling
- 1 watermelon radish or 2 red radishes
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- A squeeze of lemon or dash of We Olive Organic Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- 8 kale leaves, chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice or another grain
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- ¾ cup other veggies
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds or hemp seeds
- Microgreens, optional
- Hard-boiled egg, optional
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the sweet potatoes with We Olive EVOO, salt, and pepper, and spread onto the baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Thinly slice the radish into rounds (this is best done on a mandoline), and use a vegetable peeler to peel the carrots into ribbons.
- Toss the radish slices, carrots, and shredded cabbage with dahs of a squeeze of lemon. Set aside.
- Place the kale leaves into a large bowl and toss with a dash of We Olive Organic Meyer Lemon Olive Oil or squeeze of lemon and a few pinches of salt. Use your hands to massage the leaves until they become soft and wilted and reduce in the bowl by about half.
- Assemble individual bowls with rice or other grain, chickpeas, kale, carrots, radishes, cabbage, sweet potatoes, veggies, sesame seeds, and microgreens, if using. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Shrimp Tomato Salad
- 14 large shrimp – uncooked, peeled, and deveined
- juice of 1/2 lemon + 1/4 teaspoon of We Olive Organic Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- 2 large red tomatoes
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 tbsp. We Olive Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- Optional: ground pepper for tasting, a sprig of dill for garnish, more dressing of your choosing for more flavor.
- In a small pot, bring water to a boil with the juice of 1/2 lemon and boil the shrimp for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the boiling water and cool in ice water. Then remove and dry.
- Cut the shrimp in half down the middle and set it aside in the refrigerator.
- In a small pot, boil enough water to cover the 2 tomatoes. Flash boil the tomatoes and remove as soon as you can easily remove the skin. Then cut the tomatoes in half and remove the seeds.
- In another pot, add the sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of We Olive Organic Meyer Lemon Olive Oil, We Olive Aged Balsamic Vinegar, and 1 cup of water. Add the half tomatoes to the pot. Then bring the water and tomatoes to a boil. Do not mix the tomatoes. Once the water is brought to a boil, continue boiling for 2 minutes and then remove from heat, and let rest for 2 minutes. Then remove the tomatoes.
- Thinly slice the tomatoes into strips.
- In a small ramekin, cover with plastic wrap, and create layers first with shrimp, followed by tomatoes, then repeat. Create 2-3 layers each of shrimp and tomatoes, depending on the size of your ramekin. place saran wrap over the top and place in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- When it’s time to serve, remove the top plastic wrap layer and flip the ramekin onto a serving plate. Then remove the remaining saran wrap, and garnish with some cracked pepper and a sprig of dill.
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 2 big handfuls of fresh spinach
- ½ cup finely chopped red cabbage
- ½ cup carrot
- ½ cup peeled, chopped, and roasted squash
- ½ cup of finely chopped, steamed broccoli
- 1 tbsp raw sunflower seeds
- ¼ of avocado, diced
- We Olive EVOO
- Optional ingredients to add- cucumber, radishes, granola, and your favorite dressing.
Add everything into a bowl and top with We Olive EVOO