With red peppers, blue tortilla chips, and this yummy dip you can make your own American Flag appetizer!
- 8 cloves garlic, very finely minced
- 2 tbsp We Olive EVOO
- ¾ cup sliced pickled jalapenos, drained
- 4 oz extra-sharp white Cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 (32 oz) container nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips, plus more for dipping
- ½ cup blue tortilla chips, plus more for dipping
- carrot sticks and celery sticks, for dipping
- Drizzle We Olive Garlic Oil or We Olive Jalapeño Oil for more flavor. (optional)
- To an 8-inch skillet, add garlic and oil. Cook on medium-low 5 min., until golden brown, stirring often. Set aside and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse the jalapeños until very finely chopped. Add the Cheddar, cream cheese, and yogurt. Pulse to combine, stopping and scraping side of bowl occasionally. Pulse in garlic oil. Season with salt to taste.
- Transfer dip to a rectangular dish and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight. Arrange the pepper strips in rows across dip. Pile the chips in the upper left-hand corner. Serve with additional chips and vegetables on the side for dipping.