This salad is filled with all of your favorite fall colors topped with an apple vinaigrette. Your family will love this salad!
- 1/4 cup raw pecans
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- flaky sea salt
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 6 cups arugula or shredded kale
- 2 Honeycrisp apples, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- arils from 1 pomegranate
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- ⅓ Cup of We Olive Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple butter (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On the prepared baking sheet, toss together the pecans, pumpkin seeds, maple, cayenne, and cinnamon. Arrange in a single layer. Lay the prosciutto flat around the nuts. Transfer to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the nuts are toasted and the prosciutto is crisp. Watch both closely. Sprinkle the nuts with sea salt.
- Meanwhile, in a large salad bowl, combine the arugula, apples, avocado, and pomegranate arils.
- To make the vinaigrette. Combine all ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake. Taste and adjust as needed.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad, tossing to combine. Top the salad with toasted nuts, prosciutto, and feta. Eat and enjoy!
This recipe was inspired by Half Baked Harvest.