The perfect dessert for your next Halloween party, enjoy the perfect combination of refreshing orange and rich chocolate.
- 2 cups 12 ounces, chopped semi-sweet chocolate, or chips
- 2 teaspoons flaky sea salt such as Maldon
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 teaspoons light corn syrup optional
- 1/2 cup We Olive Blood Orange Olive Oil
- Halloween sprinkles or Dutch-process cocoa powder for finishing
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the chocolate and salt.
- In a glass measuring cup, combine the cream and the corn syrup, if using, and microwave on high until small bubbles form over the surface of the cream. Alternatively, place the cream and syrup in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat on the stove-top.
- Pour the warm cream over the chocolate, and let sit for one minute before gently stirring, with a small whisk or flexible spatula, beginning in the center and working your way out to the edges as the chocolate and cream emulsify. Continue stirring until smooth.
- Slowly pour the We Olive Blood Orange Olive Oil into the chocolate mixture, stirring constantly as you do so until fully incorporated.
- Refrigerate for three hours, or overnight, and then scoop the chocolate with a one tablespoon cookie scoop or measuring spoon, rolling each scoop into a ball. They will soften as you do this. Don’t worry.
- Place the sprinkles in a small, shallow bowl and roll the chocolate balls in them to coat. Chill on a parchment-lined baking sheet in the refrigerator until firm, about an hour or two, or overnight.
- Enjoy straight from the fridge. The truffles soften at room temp and are best served cold.