This eggcellent snack is a favorite for Halloween! Happy Halloween, may your day be spooky and your food delicious.
- 1 dozen hard-boiled eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoons We Olive Wasabi Sake Mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh chives
- We Olive Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sea salt to garnish*
- Peel the hard-boiled eggs and slice them in half lengthwise.
- Scoop the yolks into a medium bowl and combine with mayonnaise and mustard. Work the mixture until well incorporated and smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Using a small spreading knife, scoop about a tablespoon of the mixture into the empty egg white and smooth with the back of the knife.
- Repeat with remaining eggs. Garnish the eggs with a sprinkling of chives and sea salt and a We Olive Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
*We love a robust, grassy olive oil that stands up to the richness of the eggs. We also like sea salt that has a coarser grain and gives the eggs a nice bit of crunch.