Makes 1 loaf, about 12 slices
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for greasing the pan*
2 large eggs
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup vanilla yogurt**
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9X5 inch loaf pan.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and whisk to combine.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine sugars and olive oil and beat at medium speed until combined. Add the eggs and beat until well blended. Add the mashed bananas and yogurt, beat until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips. Using a spatula, scrape batter into prepared loaf pan.
4. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan for ten minutes before removing. Let cool completely on wire rack before serving.
* We like a delicate or fruity olive oil for this recipe, but We Olive Blood Orange Olive Oil also works nicely!
**If you like, substitute 1/3 cup plain yogurt and add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
Leave a Reply