I adapted this standard chocolate chip cookie recipe converting the butter to olive oil (typically you can substitute 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of olive oil for a 1/2 cup of butter). Then I added some texture and flavor to the cookie with cranberries, coconut, and We Olive’s Blood Orange Olive Oil. The results are a soft chewy, delicious cookie…perfect for sustaining Santa’s sleigh ride on Christmas Eve!
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Blood Orange Olive Oil
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
3. In a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the olive oil and sugar with an electric mixer until well incorporated, about 1 minute. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined, about 1 minute. Stir in the flour mixture until just combined.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips, cranberries, and coconut until incorporated. Drop by the tablespoonful onto prepared cookies sheets, about 2 inches apart.
5. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until golden. Remove from the oven and transfer the cookies onto wire racks to cool.