This Discover Cooking with California Olive Oil Recipe Contest submission comes from Roxanne Chan, a We Olive Walnut Creek customer. Roxanne describes her creation as “A chilled white chocolate mousse given enhanced complexity with the addition of We Olive Blood Orange EVOO. The mousse is scooped onto raspberry coulis given a tang by the addition of We Olive Raspberry Champagne Vinegar. The dessert is topped off with blueberries coated with a little We Olive Aged Balsamic Vinegar. A wonderful finale to a summer meal.”
- 6 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp We Olive Blood Orange Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups red raspberries
- 1 tsp We Olive Red Raspberry Champagne Vinegar
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tsp We Olive Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- garnish- mint sprig
1. Place the chocolate, 1/4 cup of the cream, the honey and the oil in a small saucepan. Over low heat, stir till the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Transfer the chocolate mixture to a large bowl; let cool to room temperature.
2. Beat the remaining 1 cup cream till soft peaks form; gradually fold into the chocolate mixture till just incorporated. Refrigerate till set, at least 1 hour.
3. At serving time puree the raspberries till smooth, then strain out the seeds. Stir in the raspberry vinegar.. Divide among 4 dessert dishes, then top with scoops of the chilled mousse. In a small bowl coat the blueberries with the balsamic vinegar; spoon over top, garnish and serve.
Sound great .. gets my vote
So Delicious!! Love the Amazing Combination of Flavors…YUM 🙂