Fall in love with these dinner kabobs, you can choose a protein of your choice. We went with shrimp.
For the Marinade
- ⅓ cup We Olive Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ cup packed chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
For the Shrimp
- 2 lb large shrimp peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Reserve 2 tbsp of the marinade in a separate bowl for later.
- Pat the shrimp dry and season with kosher salt. Place the shrimp in a large bowl and pour the marinade all over. Toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes (do not go longer).
- Thread the shrimp on skewers, about 4 large shrimp per skewer. (If using bamboo skewers they need to be soaked in water for at least 30 minutes first).
- To grill on an outdoor gas grill. Preheat a gas grill to high. Then, reduce heat to low (temperature should be somewhere between 275 to 325ºF). Carefully grease the cooking grates. Once the grill reaches the recommended temperature, add the shrimp skewers and close the lid. Cook shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until no longer translucent.
- To grill on an indoor griddle or cast iron grill. Heat a dry griddle over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the shrimp skewers and cook on one side about 3 or 4 minutes. Turn shrimp over and cook another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer the grilled shrimp skewers to platter and spoon the remaining marinade your reserved earlier over the grilled shrimp skewers. Add a splash of lemon juice. Serve immediately.