- 3 cups packed fresh basil
- 2/3 cup We Olive Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted until golden and cooled
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor or blender, combine basil and about 2 tablespoons of the extra virgin olive oil, blend into a paste. Add pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and remaining oil and pulse until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Basil Pesto can be made up to three days in advance. Refrigerate it in a sealed container.
- If you cannot find pine nuts, you can substitute them with a variety of other items such as walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, or pistachios.
- If you prefer your basil pesto to be a little thinner, simply drizzle in more olive oil until you reach the desired consistency.