This Discover Cooking with California Olive Oil Recipe Contest submission comes from Tiffany Bakas of We Olive Ventura. Tiffany says:
“This yummy pizza has a real Mediterranean flair. The lemon Olive Oil in the dough makes the crust a fresh and crispy place to add all your favorite Greek ingredients. By topping the pizza off at the end with fresh herbs and the tangy sweet flavor of the balsamic vinegar you are sure to be transported to a little Greek Villa, with your mouth singing sweet praises…”
- 1 tablespoon We Olive Garlic Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups of cheese- 1/2 cheddar and half mozzarella
- 3/4 cup of goat cheese
- 3/4 cup of chopped pitted Greek olives
- 1 cup chopped artichokes- jarred, frozen or canned is fine. Make sure its drained.
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped chives
- 1 cup of fresh chopped basil
- We Olive Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ ounce pkg. dry active yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ⅔ cup warm water
- ¼ cup We Olive Lemon Olive Oil (or substitute to the flavor of your liking)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
1. Place the yeast, salt, sugar and water in the bowl. Mix with a mixer, pulsing for 10 seconds. Add the oil and flour, 1 cup at a time, pulsing until the dough is smooth and no lumps remain. Transfer the dough to a lightly-oiled bowl and cover. Let rise for about 1 hour. If you are making high-rise pizza dough, punch down the dough and let rise again for 45 minutes. If not, eliminate the second rising and spread the dough onto a pizza pan or baking sheet that has been lightly coated with cooking spray.
2. Brush pizza with the garlic olive oil. Top with all ingredients except chives, basil, and vinegar. Bake at 425°F for 25-30 minutes, or until the crust is lightly browned and the toppings and cheeses are hot. Once out the oven, add herbs and drizzle all over with balsamic vinegar.
Leave a Reply