- 4 tablespoons We Olive Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¾ cup of chopped red onion
- ½ We Olive Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 heads romaine lettuce, cut in ½ lengthwise
- ½ cup of crumbled blue cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the grill to high heat
- Heat 1 tablespoon of We Olive Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a saute pan over high heat. Add the onions and cook until the onions are soft. To the same pan add the We Olive Balsamic Vinegar and add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and stir to combine.
- Brush the romaine lettuce with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, place on the grill cut side down, quickly sear.
- Serve the lettuce, cut side up, and drizzle the balsamic dressing over the lettuce. Sprinkle with blue cheese and garnish with cracked black pepper.