This Discover Cooking with California Olive Oil Recipe Contest submission comes from A.J Dale of We Olive Belmont Shore. With just slight modifications, this recipe lets “you choose” chicken, fish or shrimp to fill the tortillas. Top with flavorful peach-jalapeno salsa & you have a healthy, tasty twist on tacos that everyone will love.
- ¼ cup We Olive Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ Tablespoon ancho chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ lbs skinless, boneless chicken thighs or 1 lb shrimp or 1 lb white flaky fish, like mahi mahi
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- Cilantro sprigs and lime wedges (for serving)
- 1 Tablespoon We Olive Jalapeno Olive Oil
- ½ Tablespoon We Olive Peach White Balsamic
- 2 ripe peaches, peeled, pitted & cut into 1/3” dice
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1-2 medium jalapenos, seeded & diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- Salt & pepper
1. Place chicken, fish or shrimp in a shallow dish or resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper and pour into bag or dish. Marinate chicken: 1-3 hrs, fish or shrimp: 15 -20 minutes in refrigerator.
2. Prepare grill or grill pan for medium-high heat. Grill chicken for 5-6 minutes per side, fish-2-3 min per side or shrimp-2 min per side. Let chicken or fish rest 5 minutes before slicing/flaking.
3. Fill each tortilla with your choice of chicken, fish or shrimp, top with Peach-Jalapeno Salsa, cilantro and serve with lime wedges.