Try adding our We Olive Triple Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar to these healthy snickers bars this Halloween!
- 3/4 cup cashew butter or almond butter (I use raw cashew butter)
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup (I like to use honey)
- 4-6 tablespoons coconut flour or almond flour
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt, plus more for topping
- 1 1/2 cups real maple syrup
- 3/4 cup canned full fat coconut milk, use only the coconut cream, no water
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- 12 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- Drizzle of We Olive Triple Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar
- Line an 8×8 inch square pan with parchment paper.
- To make the “nougat” layer. In a bowl, melt together the cashew butter, 1/4 cup coconut oil, and 1/4 cup honey/maple in the microwave until combined, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla, 4 tablespoons coconut flour, and salt until combined. The mix should be creamy and drizzly, but if it feels too runny, add 1 tablespoon flour. Spread the mix into the prepared pan. Sprinkle 2/3 cup peanuts over top. Freeze until firm, about 20 minutes.
- In a medium pot, combine the 1 cup maple syrup and 1/2 cup coconut cream and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil 8-12 minutes or until thickened to a caramel-like sauce. Remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter and the 1 teaspoon vanilla. Let the mix cool slightly, then pour over the “nougat” layer. The caramel should begin to stiffen. Freeze while you make the gooey caramel layer.
- Working with the same pot, combine 1/2 cup maple and 1/4 cup coconut cream. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil 7-11 minutes or until thickened to a caramel-like sauce. Remove from the heat and stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour the sauce over the first caramel layer, then sprinkle 1/3 cup peanuts over the caramel. Freeze 1-2 hours, until the caramel is firm.
- Cut into 16 bars. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave until melted and smooth. Let cool for 5 minutes. Cover/dip each bar in chocolate, return to the freezer to let the chocolate set up, about 10 minutes. Keep stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Drizzle We Olive Triple Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar when you are ready to serve.