This simple and adaptable fall-inspired dish will have your family asking for more! Seasonal squash, your favorite maple syrup, and some hungry family members will make for an unforgettable meal.
- 1 medium acorn squash
- 4 medium carrots, chopped (2 cups)
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2-1/4 pounds)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- ½ tablespoon We Olive Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 450°. Cut squash lengthwise in half; remove and discard seeds. Cut each half crosswise into 1/2-in. slices; discard ends. Place squash, carrots, and onion in a greased (We drizzled We Olive Extra Virgin Olive Oil ) 13×9-in. baking pan; top with chicken, skin side down. Roast 10 minutes.
- Turn chicken over; drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast 25-30 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted in the chicken reads 170°-175° and vegetables are tender.
Recipe inspired by Taste of Home.