- 3 bell peppers chopped into small pieces (1 green, 1 yellow, 1 red if possible)
- 1 zucchini sliced (quarter each slice)
- 1 eggplant chopped into small cubes
- 7 ounces mushrooms chopped into small pieces (4 medium oyster mushrooms)
- 9 ounces cherry tomatoes halved
- We Olive EVOO or cooking
- 10.5 ounces penne pasta dried
- 2/3 cup pesto Bella Cucina Porcini & Parmesan Pesto
- 4 tablespoons Greek yogurt optional – for a little creaminess!
For sprinkling (optional but highly recommended)
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts (buy pre-toasted, or lightly toast in a dry frying pan, shaking every now and again)
- crumbled feta cheese
- a little chopped fresh mint
- Preheat the oven to 430F / 220C.
- Line 2 to 3 large baking trays with baking paper and scatter all of the vegetables except the tomatoes over the baking trays in a single layer.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil, then toss well with your hands. Sprinkle with plenty of salt and pepper, then roast for 15 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes to the tray. Roast for another 15 to 20 minutes until slightly browned and caramelized.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package instructions (8 to 10 minutes).
- Drain the pasta and tip it into a large bowl. Tip in the vegetables and stir through the pesto and yogurt (if using).
- Sprinkle with the pine nuts, feta, and mint just before serving.
Leave a Reply