This Discover Cooking with California Olive Oil Recipe Contest entry comes from Jodi Taffel, a We Olive Thousand Oaks customer. Jodi says “This doesn’t get much easier. Simple, fresh ingredients, simply dressed are usually the tastiest, in my opinion.”
1 lb. brussels sprouts on the stalk (approx. 60 sprouts)
1/2 cup We Olive Fresh Garlic Olive Oil
1/2 cup Blackberry Ginger Balsamic Viniagrette (such as Hare Hollow)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Trim any leaves off the sprouts hat aren’t tight, and lay the stalk on a large sheet pan.
3. Rub each sprout with the We Olive Fresh Garlic Olive Oil.
4. Rub each sprout with the blackberry ginger balsamic vinegartte.
5. Sprinkle salt and pepper al over the sprouts.
6. Roast for 1 hour, turning the stalk every 20 minutes, until sprouts are tender.
Notes from Jodi: “I like to serve the entire stalk right to the table, and give each guest a small paring knife to cut their own sprouts as they go. It’s quite the show stopper and make a great conversation piece.”