The perfect fall snack to enjoy while you cozy by the fire.
- 2 large slightly under-ripe pears
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter or We Olive Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons We Olive Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 teaspoons runny honey (or more to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius/ 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Halve and core the pears. Don’t peel them.
- Melt butter or We Olive Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a cast-iron skillet or another heavy-bottomed, ovenproof pan.
- Cook: Add the pears, the cut side facing down, and saute them for two minutes on the stove.
- Roast: Place the pan in the oven and roast the pears for 20 minutes.
- Flip the pear halves and drizzle the We Olive Balsamic Vinegar on the pears. Continue roasting for further 5 minutes.
- Drizzle: Remove the pan from the oven, drizzle each pear with some honey and let the pears rest for another few minutes.
- Serve warm with some of the pan juices and more honey, if you wish.