Seasonal Sweet Potatoes are the main ingredient in this fall-inspired soup. This creamy bowl of comfort will have your mouth watering!
- 1 tablespoon We Olive Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 white onion diced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes peeled, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white or black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced onions optional
- Drizzle We Olive Balsamic Vinegar optional
- Place a large soup pot on the stove over medium-high heat. Add in We Olive Extra Virgin Olive Oil and onion and saute until tender, about 7 minutes. Add in garlic and ginger and saute 1 minute more.
- Add in sweet potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Pour in vegetable broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium and simmer until sweet potatoes are tender about 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer the soup mixture to a blender and blend in batches until smooth, or use an immersion blender.
- Return to a pot over low heat and add in the cheddar cheese. Stir until melted. Taste and add more salt if desired. Serve topped with green onions or chives.