- 14 large shrimp – uncooked, peeled, and deveined
- juice of 1/2 lemon + 1/4 teaspoon of We Olive Organic Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- 2 large red tomatoes
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 tbsp. We Olive Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- Optional: ground pepper for tasting, a sprig of dill for garnish, more dressing of your choosing for more flavor.
- In a small pot, bring water to a boil with the juice of 1/2 lemon and boil the shrimp for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the boiling water and cool in ice water. Then remove and dry.
- Cut the shrimp in half down the middle and set it aside in the refrigerator.
- In a small pot, boil enough water to cover the 2 tomatoes. Flash boil the tomatoes and remove as soon as you can easily remove the skin. Then cut the tomatoes in half and remove the seeds.
- In another pot, add the sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of We Olive Organic Meyer Lemon Olive Oil, We Olive Aged Balsamic Vinegar, and 1 cup of water. Add the half tomatoes to the pot. Then bring the water and tomatoes to a boil. Do not mix the tomatoes. Once the water is brought to a boil, continue boiling for 2 minutes and then remove from heat, and let rest for 2 minutes. Then remove the tomatoes.
- Thinly slice the tomatoes into strips.
- In a small ramekin, cover with plastic wrap, and create layers first with shrimp, followed by tomatoes, then repeat. Create 2-3 layers each of shrimp and tomatoes, depending on the size of your ramekin. place saran wrap over the top and place in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- When it’s time to serve, remove the top plastic wrap layer and flip the ramekin onto a serving plate. Then remove the remaining saran wrap, and garnish with some cracked pepper and a sprig of dill.