This Discover Cooking with California Olive Oil Recipe Contest submission comes to us from Terri Crandall of We Olive El Dorado Hills. Terri says:
“These are juicy marinated chicken kabobs with a kick. They are served over a summer salad dressed with Meyer Lemon Olive Oil and grilled lemons on the side.”
- 3 Tablespoons white wine
- 3 Tablespoons We Olive Mission Olive Oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, chopped
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 lemons, halved
- Olivas de Oro Meyer Lemon Olive Oil for finishing
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives for garnish
- ¼ cup Olivas de Oro Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 head red leaf lettuce
- 1/3 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup fresh cherries, halved, pitted or red grapes, halved
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
1. Whisk together wine, We Olive Mission Olive Oil, lemon juice, red chili flakes and rosemary in a bowl. Place marinade and chicken in a zip lock bag, place in the refrigerator and marinate for 2-3 hours. Combine ingredients for the dressing; Olivas de Oro Meyer Lemon Olive Oil, balsamic vinegar, orange juice, basil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Combine ingredients for the salad; lettuce, goat cheese, cherries and almonds. Toss with dressing just before serving.
3. Prepare a medium high fire on a gas or charcoal grill. Soak wooden skewers for 10-15 minutes. Thread marinated chicken cubes on to the skewers. Place chicken on the grill and cook 7-8 minutes per side. During the last 10 minutes of grilling, add the halved lemons cut side down to the grill.
4. Place salad and grilled lemons on a serving platter, arrange the chicken skewers on top. Drizzle Olivas de Oro Meyer Lemon Olive Oil over the chicken and garnish with chopped chives. Place a grilled lemon half with each serving to squeeze over the top.
Leave a Reply