- 1 small (7-ounce) loaf of ciabatta or sourdough bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, or We Olive EVOO
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- half a small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup shaved or shredded Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1 batch Easy Italian vinaigrette
Italian Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup We Olive EVOO
- 2 tablespoons We Olive Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
TO MAKE THE PANZANELLA:
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spread the bread out on a large baking sheet
- Meanwhile, as the bread is baking, prep your other ingredients and the vinaigrette.
- Once the bread is ready to go, transfer it to a large serving bowl, along with the chickpeas, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red onion, Parmesan, and basil. Drizzle evenly with the Italian vinaigrette, and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, garnished with extra Parmesan if desired. Or, cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours to let the flavors meld together more, stirring only once.
TO MAKE THE VINAIGRETTE:
Whisk all ingredients together until combined.