Try this rich, smooth, and easy gravy this Thanksgiving!
- 5 tablespoons We Olive Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large, smoked turkey wing or 2 small ones
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 head garlic, split through the equator
- 4 stems fresh sage
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 6 parsley stems
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 cups chicken stock
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of We Olive Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the wing, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, and herbs, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Place in the oven and roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place over medium heat. Remove the wing and set aside.
- Add the flour and let cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the 2 tablespoons of We Olive Extra Virgin Olive Oil, wing, stock and simmer until it has reduced by about 1/4, about 15 minutes.
- Strain the sauce and adjust the seasoning with pepper.