This Discover Cooking with California Olive Oil Recipe Contest submission comes from Paula Mantell of We Olive La Jolla. Paula says:
“This is a truly delicious and ever-popular recipe that includes my favorite, famed, We Olive extra virgin lemon olive oil, Campari tomatoes, fresh basil and cannellini beans–it just doesn’t get more tasty, healthier and more nutritionally satisfying.”
- 1 chicken, cut up
- 1/2 c. We Olive Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- 6 Campari tomatoes, cut up in medium-sized dice
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 c. Fresh basil leaves, tightly packed, cut in chiffonnade – see notes
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
1. Marinate chicken in We Olive Collection Lemon Olive Oil 4 hours or overnight in refrigerator.
2. Remove from refrigerator. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
3. Place chicken in roasting pan with juices and olive oil from marinade.
4. Roast 45 minutes, until chicken is nicely browned.
5. Combine cannellini beans, tomatoes, cut basil, garlic and onion in a bowl. Add 1/4 c. WeOlive Collection oil. Stir to combine.
6. Remove chicken from oven. Arrange tomato, basil, bean mixture over chicken.
7. Lower oven to 375 degrees. Roast an additional 15 – 20 minutes, until vegetables are evenly browned.
Notes: To make chiffonnades of basil, stack 6 – 7 basil leaves on top of each other. Tightly roll up leaves, cigar fashion. Make thin, vertical slices. This creates attractive basil ribbons. Continue until all basil leaves have been cut.