Adding Olive Oil to a cocktail is an excellent way to make it a bit more of a savory experience and balance out some of the sweetness that can occur when using mixers, juices, or fruit. It also adds some light earthy notes to a drink, making it perfect for summer sipping, or to pair with light salads, chicken dishes, and much more.
- 1-ounce gin (look for one that has more botanical notes, we like to use Bombay Sapphire Gin for this cocktail)
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice or lemonade
- 1/2 ounce We Olive Blood Orange Oil
- 1/2 ounce Simple Syrup
- Dash of angostura bitters (optional)
- Top off with Squirt (we fill the rest of the glass with whatever room is left)
- Fresh mint to garnish (optional)
In a shaker filled with ice, add the gin, lemon juice, Blood Orange Infused Olive Oil, simple syrup, and bitters (if you’re using them). Shake vigorously for about 30-45 seconds—strain contents into a martini or coupe glass. Pour Squirt on top.
Optional- Top with whipped Aquafaba and mint.