- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup We Olive Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Beat the egg, We Olive Extra Virgin Olive Oil, milk, lemon juice, and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in zucchini, chocolate chips, and walnuts. Fill 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled muffins in an airtight container. To use, thaw at room temperature or, if desired, microwave each muffin on high for 20-30 seconds or until heated through.
Recipe Inspired by Taste of Home