This Discover Cooking with California Olive Oil Recipe Contest submission comes from Chris Bowen of We Olive Ventura. Chris’s Zucchini Pie can be served fresh from the oven or at room temp – it’s delicious either way!
- 1 roll frozen pie crust, defrosted
- 4 cups zucchini, sliced lengthwise and halved
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp. We Olive Jalapeno Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. We Olive Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- dried or fresh basil to your taste
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh tarragon
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella or any cheese to your liking (1 mix mozzarella, and a sharp cheese together)
- 1 nice ripe garden tomato
1. Bake pie dough per instructions, and cool.
2. Sautee onions, garlic and zucchini in olive oils and butter until crisp but still tender. Stir in seasonings and spoon into cooled pie crust. Beat eggs and combine with cheese and pour over zucchini mixture. Top with sliced tomato and sprinkle with a little paresan cheese and a few drops of lemon olive oil for freshness.
3. Bake in 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Leave a Reply