Mother’s Day 2021 is on Sunday, May 9th, circle this day on your calendar if you haven’t already. And Happy Mother’s Day to all of the mothers out there! We are lucky to have many mothers on our team, and we offer many unique gifts your mom will love. Celebrate all that mom is with a personalized etched bottle or gift box from We Olive. If you are not able to see your mom this year, sending her a unique gift will make this Mother’s Day more special.
Our etched bottles are a popular gift, you can add up to three lines of personalized text. (Maximum 25 characters per line. Spaces and punctuation are considered a character. Personalized text is optional. One or all lines may be left blank if you choose). Each bottle is etched and hand-painted by skilled artisans. This commemorative bottle can be enjoyed for many years to come. Choose your favorite olive oil or vinegar. The bottle can be refilled in any of our We Olive locations (price per ounce may vary per location). Be sure to bring your bottle back clean and dry. Hand-wash only.
CRITICAL REMINDER – PLEASE PROOF-READ your text carefully. We etch the text exactly the way it is typed. Unfortunately, we cannot be held responsible for misspellings, incorrect dates, or missing punctuation.
Please allow 7-10 days for processing, plus 2-7 days for shipping from California. Other items in your cart may ship separately. For size reference, a 25.36 ounce bottle is the size of a wine bottle and a 12.75 ounce bottle is approximately half the size of a wine bottle.
We also have gift boxes that would be perfect for Mother’s Day! Our Chef’s Collection Gift Box is an amazing trifecta of deliciousness! Three (3) 375 mL bottles come packaged in our distinctive We Olive gift box. This gift is guaranteed to bring culinary joy to your favorite chef.
Choose From Our Customer Favorite Combinations:
- Savory Collection (Organic Meyer Lemon Olive Oil, Basil Olive Oil, Garlic Olive Oil)
- Classic Collection (EVOO, Organic Meyer Lemon Olive Oil, Aged Balsamic)
- Artisan Collection (EVOO, Aged Balsamic, Garlic Olive Oil)
We reserve the right to make substitutions of items of equal or greater value as necessary to ensure timely delivery of your purchases.
When it comes to Mother’s Day, most moms just want to hear from their kids and see they appreciate them for all they do or have done. That is especially true in trying times like these. If you are able to see your mother, you can also take her for a glass of wine, find the closest wine bar locations near you:
You can also bake together. If you have little kids, cooking is a great way to teach them about ingredients and even make it a fun math adventure. Beyond that, it’s a great way to bond. And if you don’t have kids, it’s always a nice gesture to give to the mothers in your life.
Try your hand at this light and tender Lemon Olive Oil Cake!
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup We Olive Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. lemon zest (I add a little more for extra lemon flavor)
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 10″ round and 2″ deep cake pan. Set a piece of parchment paper cut to fit inside, then butter parchment and dustpan with flour. Set aside. Beat eggs in a large mixer bowl using the whisk attachment until frothy. Gradually add sugar and beat on high seed until mixture is ale and leaves a ribbon when you lift whisk. This can take up to 6 or so minutes. Scrape bowl halfway through.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl. Whisk milk, oil and lemon zest and juice together in a large measuring cup. Add one-third of the dry ingredients, then half of wet ingredients to egg mixture beating after each addition until smooth; continue until all are added and stop a couple of times to scrape inside of bowl. Pour batter into prepared pan and set-in oven. Immediately turn down heat to 350 degrees. Bake until cake pulls away from sides and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean 50-55 minutes.
- Cool on rack 15 minutes, then loosen cake from pan with a knife. Turn out onto a plate, remove parchment, and carefully place cake back into rack. Let cool completely. Slice into wedges and serve with berries and other seasonal fruit that has been soaked in We Olive Aged Balsamic for approximately one-half hour or longer to create a sweet fruity syrup that will be soaked up by the cake!
- 2 cups sifted confectioner’s sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons milk. half and half, water, or any flavored liquid of choice. (We use We Olive Organic Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a bowl, whisk together sifted powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and enough liquid to thin the glaze to your desired consistency for dipping, drizzling, or pouring over your favorite baked goods and pastries. Glaze will be smooth.