This Discover Cooking with California Olive Oil Recipe Contest submission comes from Janet LaPlante of We Olive Ventura. Janet’s recipe is a delicious, lemony hummus with a kick of cilantro!
- 1 15oz can of garbanzo beans (chickpeas) – drained and rinsed
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 2 Tbsp. tahini
- 1 Tbsp. We Olive Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. We Olive Garlic Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp curshed pepper flakes
1. Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender and pulse or blend until ingredients come together to form a thick paste.
If mixture is too thick, you may add a tablespoon of water or more olive oil to the mixture until desired consistency is reached. Place hummus in a serving bowl and drizzle with favorite olive oil and a few sprigs of cilantro (may use We Olive jalapeno olive oil for an extra kick!). Serve with pita bread and fresh cut veggies!
Leave a Reply