Often referred to as the world’s healthiest diet, the Mediterranean diet wins for being delicious and healthy. Enjoy these healthy recipes!
You can make this breakfast bowl with your favorite veggies and yogurt. You want to take a simple ingredient (greek yogurt) and use a variety of fresh fruits, assorted nuts (optional), and drizzles of We Olive Artisan Peach White Balsamic Vinegar or We Olive DAnjou Pear White Balsamic Vinegar for a sweet taste.
Nuts are a great way to start your day with some protein. Almonds offer a filling and energizing combination of protein, fiber, and healthy fats to help you feel satisfied. You can even serve a small amount in the We Olive Dipping Dish.
This healthy tuna salad is light on calories but loaded with protein and antioxidants. It’s delicious on crisp salad greens like Romaine lettuce or as a topper on whole-grain crackers or crostini. We love it for a Mediterranean-inspired lunch!
- 6 oz canned albacore tuna*
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- zest of 1 small lemon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons We Olive Extra Virgin Olive Oil or We Olive Organic Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- 1/2 tablespoon (or more) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine the first 4 ingredients in a bowl, mixing with a fork to break up tuna. Add remaining ingredients and toss. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
*We highly recommend American Tuna’s pole caught wild albacore.
Eating olives in addition to more veggies and fruit results in some significant perks. Olives contain monounsaturated fat, the same good fat you find in nuts and avocados. We Olive Gourmet Olives make for the perfect afternoon snack.
This yummy grilled chicken and veggie recipe is delicious and healthy! This recipe works on an outdoor grill as it does in a griddle pan on the stove.
For the Marinade
- ¼ cup We Olive Extra Virgin Olive
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- 4 large chicken breasts skinless + de-boned
- 2 bell peppers seeds were removed and sliced into thick strips
- 2-3 large zucchini/courgette sliced into thick slices
- Handful broccoli
- 2 carrots
- Pre-heat the grill/griddle pan.
- Season the chicken with salt and allow to sit while you make the marinade.
- Combine all the marinade ingredients and mix well. Pour half of the marinade over the chicken and the other half over the vegetables. Allow marinating for a few minutes.
- Grill the chicken for 5-7 minutes per side (depending on thickness) until cooked to your preference. Remove from the grill, cover with foil and allow to rest while you grill the vegetables.
- Cook the vegetables to your preference.
- Remove from the grill and serve with the chicken and lemon wedges for squeezing.